- 5 Easy Life Hacks To Become (And Stay) Highly Productive
- 5 Valentine’s Day Cocktail Recipes To Sweep Her Of Her Feet, Literally
- 3 APHRODISIAC Recipes Perfect For Your Valentine’s Day Dinner
- These Foods Will Help You Get Rid Of Annoying Stretch Marks
- This Is Why Eating Burnt Toast Or Crispy Potatoes Can Be Deadly
How To Recover After Overeating On Thanksgiving Day In 3 Easy Steps
Ah, the Thanksgiving Day – the mothership of every holiday overeating… If you are reading this article, chances are you ate more than you should have during the festivities and now you need a quick recovery plan.
If this is the case, buckle up for a quick ride towards a healthy day after Thanksgiving.
1. Eat Only Once You Get Really Hungry
The day after Thanksgiving is everything but a usual day for your tummy.
Your body is digesting a great deal of food, so the trick is to wait until you are truly hungry and not eat the full meal.
You can get back into a routine of eating 3 square meals tomorrow.
2. Rest Your Body
Your body is probably in a bit of a shock due to all the unnecessary foods you have been eating. Let’s face it, you probably ate all of these:
- Potato salad
- Green beans
This is why you need to eat only when you are hungry and rest your body for the first half of the day after.
Which brings us to our final step:
3. Exercise Your Lymph System
Once your resting is over, it is time to speed up the process of recovery by moving.
According to nutrientrich.com: “Your lymph system is the detoxification system of your body and it only works at a high level, when your body is moving. What mobilizes waste products for elimination faster than any other natural force? Movement!”
So that’s it people! Eat only when you’re hungry, rest your body a little bit, and then get moving!