- 5 Easy Life Hacks To Become (And Stay) Highly Productive
- 5 Valentine’s Day Cocktail Recipes To Sweep Her Of Her Feet, Literally
- 3 APHRODISIAC Recipes Perfect For Your Valentine’s Day Dinner
- These Foods Will Help You Get Rid Of Annoying Stretch Marks
- This Is Why Eating Burnt Toast Or Crispy Potatoes Can Be Deadly
Make Your Liver Healthy (Again) With These Foods
Since this disease can lead to permanent liver damage, liver failure and even death, we surely have a huge and growing health problem on our hands.
Here we have a list of do’s and don’ts when it comes to liver-friendly foods, and if you manage to introduce this Fatty Liver Diet into your life completely, you will have nothing to worry about.
Foods You Should Eat
This diet is actually pretty simple – you can eat almost everything except for sweet and processed foods.
However, we decided to narrow down the list to make it easier for you to organize your new liver-friendly diet.
PLENTY OF PRODUCE – Fresh and organic foods are a must:
- Bell peppers
WHOLE GRAINS – These complex carbohydrates are healthy yet cheap:
- Brown rice
UNSATURATED FATS AND OMEGA 3-FATTY ACIDS – Healthy fats are found in:
- Cold-water fish
- Vegetable oils
PROTEIN – Make sure you eat lots of protein, especially for breakfast. Protein balances out your blood sugar and insulin levels, while it provides your liver with the amino acids. Best protein sources:
- Lean meat
- Greek yogurt
Foods To Avoid
So many foods and drinks we all consume on a daily basis are unfortunately really bad for us. If you want to keep your liver healthy, make sure you avoid (or at least minimize) the following foods:
- Artificial trans fats
- High glycemic carbohydrates