Some people enjoy going to the gym to work out on exercise equipment every day, and others can motivate themselves to go even when they find the process tedious.
However, for many people who are trying to shed excess weight, the gym is not a viable option.
Not only are gym memberships typically expensive, but not everyone has the time to drive to and from the gym every day in order to work out for a productive amount of time.
Thankfully, you don’t actually need fancy workout equipment to lose weight and get healthy; you can design an effective workout routine that can be carried out right on your own floor.
Here are 5 floor exercises that will melt fat and tone your body.
1. Push Ups
Push ups boost your cardiovascular health by encouraging your heart to pump at a faster rate, and they can help you to build or strengthen muscles in your shoulders, arms and even chest.
Most people know how to do a basic push up, but it is always worth making sure that you are approaching all of your exercises in the right way.
Here’s how a push ups are done:
- Choose a flat surface that allows you to assume a face-down position on the floor.
- Place your palms on the floor, and remember that their position will influence which muscles are used the most. Roughly speaking, choosing to place your hands closer together will engage your triceps the most, while placing your hands further apart will work your chest muscles to a greater extent.
- Use your arms to push your body up off the ground. Make sure that you are on the tips of your toes and that the weight of your body is supported by your feet and hands.
- Bend your elbows and drop your body back down to the floor, but be careful to ensure that you do not let your body completely touch the ground.
- Push yourself back up, and repeat the exercise as many times as possible. Most people find it helpful to gradually increase the number of push up repetitions, so it is smart to start with a frequency that you can manage without pulling a muscle.