- 5 Easy Life Hacks To Become (And Stay) Highly Productive
- 5 Valentine’s Day Cocktail Recipes To Sweep Her Of Her Feet, Literally
- 3 APHRODISIAC Recipes Perfect For Your Valentine’s Day Dinner
- These Foods Will Help You Get Rid Of Annoying Stretch Marks
- This Is Why Eating Burnt Toast Or Crispy Potatoes Can Be Deadly
3 Easy Tips To Shed Holiday Pounds
Although holidays are not quite over yet, you better start thinking about the ways to shed those love handles made of turkey, sweet potatoes, desserts and who knows what else.
Here we have 3 simple tips on how to shed holiday pounds. Let’s get crackin’!
1. Hot Lemonade
Hot lemonade is simply a must and a cornerstone of all diets.
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 tablespoons honey
HOW TO PREPARE: In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Remove from heat, and stir in honey and lemon juice. Drink while still warm. It is best to drink it 30 minutes before a meal – it will help your body get the most nutrients from the food you eat!
2. Ginger/Cinnamon/Honey Tea Combo!
Little do we know that ginger and cinnamon are actually excellent for detox and shedding weight. Add these to your hot beverage of choice and watch those pounds melt.
HOW TO PREPARE: In a saucepan, simmer ginger, honey, cinnamon, and water for 20 minutes. Simmer longer for stronger tea.
You can also add these to your coffee.
3. Cleansing Detox Vegetable Soup
This is the one that seals the deal.
- 1 medium sweet potato (peeled and cut)
- 3 carrots (peeled and sliced)
- 1 stalk celery (diced)
- 1 small yellow onion (diced)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- Pinch of Kosher or sea salt, more or less to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 (15 ounce) cans navy beans, drained and rinsed (optional, black beans)
- 4 cups vegetable broth, low-sodium
- 4 cups baby spinach (loosely packed)
HOW TO PREPARE: Add all ingredients, except spinach, to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for up to 8 hours (or until the vegetables are tender). Add spinach and stir. Continue cooking for 5 more minutes.
Serve, enjoy, and feel the love handles melting away!