- 5 Easy Life Hacks To Become (And Stay) Highly Productive
- 5 Valentine’s Day Cocktail Recipes To Sweep Her Of Her Feet, Literally
- 3 APHRODISIAC Recipes Perfect For Your Valentine’s Day Dinner
- These Foods Will Help You Get Rid Of Annoying Stretch Marks
- This Is Why Eating Burnt Toast Or Crispy Potatoes Can Be Deadly
11 Healthy Food Swaps You Can Make Today
Lasting weight loss requires a permanent change in the way you eat.
Learning to make smart substitutions while you are dieting can improve your chances of success.
These tips can get you started.
1. Grab an orange instead of that bag of chips
That mid-morning snack can make or break your diet. Make that snack count by reaching for a delicious orange instead of the usual bag of chips.
The orange is better for you, and it will keep you fuller too. Oranges are brimming with vitamin C which can help protect your immune system.
While you can freshly squeeze oranges every day to make juice, you can enjoy all those great nutrients and health benefits simply be having an orange as a snack each day–no juicing required.
You can even add orange slices to your lunch salad to rev up its nutritional content. Oranges are, of course, brimming with healthy nutrients aside from their vitamin C content. For instance, did you know they can help prevent kidney stones and even kidney disease?
Japanese researchers found that oranges could also prevent cancer of the liver. In addition, oranges are fabulously heart healthy and can cut down on bad cholesterol. The beta-carotene contained in each orange slice can even keep your skin looking its best!
Bring along an orange to work each day or simply be sure to enjoy a few each week to obtain all their health benefits. They’re also popular snacks for kids so be sure to always have a few oranges on hand.